Sunday, December 19, 2010

Lightly Spiced Mustard Potatoes and Chickpeas



This is a quick and delicious meal. I usually make different variations but since I started this blog it’s the first time I made it so I thought I would post the recipe for today’s version.

I like mustard seeds, it adds crunch, flavour and ‘visible appeal’. They say you eat with your eyes first and for me mustard seeds make the dish much more appealing.

What I normally do is parboil the potato, either cooking it partially or fully, depending on my mood. 

Ingredients (for one person)
  • 1 medium sized potato
  • 1 cup cooked chickpeas
  • ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
  • ½ teaspoon mixed spice such as curry powder
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil

Instructions
  • Toast the mustard seeds
  • Reduce heat to medium and add oil
  • When hot add spice powder and garlic and cook until aromatic and garlic starts to brown
  • Add cubed potatoes, chickpeas and salt
  • Cook until tender, stirring occasionally. You can cook for longer till the potatoes turn crispy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...