Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Healthy Sugarfree and Butterfree Oat Fruit Cookies Recipe



These cookies are sugar free and butter free and very delicious. I decided to convert a regular oatmeal sultana cookie recipe into a sugar free version by simply increasing the fruit content. And I replaced the butter with vegetable oil. And it worked pretty well. The cookies have an excellent texture, crunchy on the outside and slightly soft and chewy on the inside.

I used raisins and bananas, which I find to be a really nice combination. The smell of baking banana's is quite pleasant. Banana's also made the cookies moist while the outside remained crispy.

I used pieces of frozen bananas, I found it easier to work with. However I don't think using fresh banana's would do any harm since the bananas become soft during baking anyway.

A nice caramelisation formed at the bottom of the cookie since the softened banana, melting butter and oil all found each other at the bottom of the cookie. Another recipe for a sugar free cookie is available here.


Ingredients
½ cup vegetable oil, softened coconut oil or softened butter
1 large egg
1½ cups rolled oats
¾ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup fruits (I used raisins and frozen banana)
½ cup dessicated coconut (optional)
1 tablespoon dark syrup (optional)

Directions 
  1. Heat the oven to 180°C/360°F
  2. Mix oil or butter and syrup until creamy
  3. Add egg and beat well until it turns pale
  4. Add flour, oats, baking soda and salt and mix well
  5. Stir in fruits
  6. Drop tablespoons onto baking sheet, flatten and bake on a higher rack until light brown, about 15 minutes

7 comments:

  1. These look delicious and moist! Any suggestions on what I could substitute for the egg?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try adding more oil/butter instead (about 60 ml). It should work, though the cookies could be slightly crumbly.
      Good luck.

      Delete
  2. Hello..I baked this cookies earlier and I really like it. Mind if I share the recipe in my blog and will link to your site? Thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am glad you lived it. Yes please feel to share the recipe and link back.

      Delete
    2. Hi Three-Cookies,
      This is the link to my blog with your recipe on it. Thank you again..

      http://kuala-lumpur-sur-seine.blogspot.fr/2013/01/taking-up-new-challenge.html

      Delete
  3. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually burn fat by consuming coconut fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Please share more like that...
    Sugar free oat milk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...